Cornell Notes

     Taking Cornell notes helps you to prioritize and organize your notes to make it easier to study with. The way it works is, there are three small portions at the top, bottom, and left of the page, and the main portion on the right. At the top, you make a title for your notes, and it should include things like your name and the subject. On the right is where the bulk of your notes should be. On the left you should write down the more important part of your notes, like main themes, dates, or equations. Finally, at the bottom of your notes, write a short summary of what you learned. I think that if I made an effort to incorporate this method into my studying, I could be using it a lot.

1. My favorite part of high school is that it makes me feel a bit more grown-up. It makes me seem closer to other parts of my future, like learning to drive or going to college.

2. The part of high school that has frustrated me the most is running club. It is just after PE, so I am already sweating and tired by the time we begin. In addition, it means that I don't get started on my homework until around 4:45.

3. So far I have kept the same study habits that I used when I was in eighth grade last year.

4. I am excited to be taking English with Miss Low. I enjoy her as a teacher and I look forward to be reading books like Lord of the Flies and the Screwtape Letters.

5. I am not enjoying being a student aide. I am currently working with Mr. Hackbarth in fourth grade. The fact that all of the students are younger than me makes me feel out of place.

6. I can see that I am given a lot more responsibility in high school than in junior high. I like this because more responsibility means more freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Prepare For Exams

Good Test Taking Habits

Good Test Taking Habits: Part Two